Tuesday, December 11, 2007

(not) finding your true voice...


Google cracks me up. It 'reads' my gmails and supplies a list of interesting (translate: tempting) links off to the right, based on words and phrases used in an email I'm reading. Sometimes, it even eerily matches a 'concept'.

As I e-correspond with a number of friends and family who share a passion for a certain genre of music, I'm not surprised when I see 'National Cathedral Music', the Black Folder and Choral Charisma on the sidebar. But there's one in the bunch that just screams misfit: yourtruevoicestudio.com, where you are a click away from finding your talent. Hey -- apparently it's just like talking! Turn down your speakers if you click on this one. Screaming MeeMee's, GIVE ME A BREAK!!! Belting out your heart in imitation of the mass vocal cord murderers we see on the likes of American Idol has about as much to do with a beautifully floating, truly natural voice as Hershey's does to Green & Blacks. Take a cue from a group of women who can sing Javier Busto's Magnificat , complete with six incipits, and absolutely knock your socks off (I'm sure!).

Ahem. I guess yelling while singing is just not my bag.

1 comment: