Friday, December 14, 2007

in or out? bixby in the driver's seat...again...

A pic from happier & warmer times...

Inspired by Catsinger's delightful, side-splitting and publishable 'Cat-mas Carols', here's a tribute to Bixby's evil- cute-ness, evidenced by a game of cat and mouse at the open doorway to our icy deck this morning. I thought he wanted out. And thus the drama began. (Bixby's comments/interruptions in...what else...orange...)

(Sung to the tune of Love, Look Away, from Flower Drum Song)

Bix, look away;
Bix, come away right now!
Move while I shut the door.
Move, or your a$$ is... MEOW*

Please do not play;
Please do not toy with me!
Frost forms upon my nose;
Toes, numb as they can be.

So nonchalant...
So 'in control'...
Twisting the knife,
Make me the fool.

Since you can see
It really matters to me.
Strrrrrrretching the point, she'll see!
Come away! Move away! What'd you say?
Meow-ME**

Translations:
* 'whatever'
** 'Geez...I'm really not sure... Actually can't commit on this. I'll give it some consideration and get (not) right back to you on it...

4 comments:

catsinger said...

I'm laughing and coughing...and laughing some more... there is a bit[not nearly this well done] in one of my earliest blogs, the 2nd or 3rd, about Sneaky Pie's "Freedom" break...this reminds me of that...
perhaps we should collaborate on, "Songs My Cat Taught Me".... have you had snow yet...he'll love that...Fang would take a step, shake a paw, take another step, shake another paw...it looked like he was doing the "Hokey Pokey"...you should do an entire "The Cat & I" I've played that show and the possibilities are endless...still laughing...

unklephil said...

Looking for the Warsaw weather? Check this out...

BooCat said...

One of my favorite cartoons, and I don't remember now where I saw it, is of a cat sitting before the gates of Heaven. St. Peter is holding them open, looking at the cat and saying, "In or out?"

DearestDragonfly said...

boocat, that is priceless!!!

Felipe, how like Winona Lake to have 'plowed' their frozen water mass.

The Cat & I, indeed!! We could get into double trouble on this.