Thursday, May 31, 2007

michelangelo's seizure

I had referred to this poem in an earlier post. Here it is, in its entirety, on the National Endowment for the Arts website. I assume that, at very least, allows me to post the link to an e-altar where it lies in entirety! This sort of contact can only lead more people to purchase the volume anyway.

My favorite phrase (currently, of course): "...with the witchcraft hushed inside his veins..."

Favorite imagery (for now): "...with two dead bugs crushed into the paint..."

Note that this utterly brilliant poet briefly discusses his next project. In preparation he is..."researching O'Neill's biography, and his work, to try to find moments of psychological empathy that will let me into the poems"...

Psychological empathy. Fuel of the gods.

No comments: