Sunday, May 6, 2007

a gray day with a ray of light...

Saturday.

Nothing profound.
No special garden task.
Feeling puny.

I did go in to work and water the plants, as Friday allowed no spare time for that. Hidden clumps of meyer lemons on campus yielded to my ladder-balancing, scissor-snipping act.

Swarm of bees on our stable-turned-garage at home worried me. They aren't supposed to 'drop like flies', are they? Checked the bank of lavender: no sign of the swarms of myriad baby bees that should be there with 'mom'. Microcosm of planetary distress?

Bixby finished off the day by presenting me with an intact, but dead mourning dove. I wrapped it, cried...and mourned it.

Yet, through this unsettling day, a mantra emerged, persisted and carried:

Be still, and know that I am God.

No comments: