Thursday, February 14, 2008

love and death by chocolate this valentine's day...

This Valentine's Day is full of the usual...and a lot of 'extra'. Usual lessons to play for at Grace during the day. The extra part is rehearsing with visiting prospective students (singers) this evening (auditions happen tomorrow), playing for one or two Grace students at their Musical auditions this afternoon. In the middle -- one private piano student at home.

Somewhere, I lost a standing time to rehearse with Don B's wife, who is preparing, studying, singing 20th century cabaret songs for her doctoral dissertation. Did you know Stravinsky, Satie and Britten wrote such?

If you have time, click on the simply gorgeous dessert above, and you'll be transported to heavenly bliss in the form of a recipe on Raspberry Eggplant's blog. If you make it...be sure to send me a piece.

6 comments:

roopa said...

I recognize that dessert! ;)

I have an extra in my fridge - I wish I could share it with you this Valentine's Day!

A Square Peg said...

Oh...I will make sure Danielle sees this...she is our dessert maker!

Happy Valentines Day!

catsinger said...

...alas...chocolate is not the lure for me... I'm singing "Wind Beneath My Wings" and "My Heart Will Go On" at a funeral tomorrow...MY "chocolate" would be having you to play the piano for me... ; )

DearestDragonfly said...

Roopa, this is one of the most artistic, elegant, and over the top chocolate creations I've ever laid eyes on. Bless you for making the world a better place through dark chocolate excursions.

Hey -- why don't we invite all the people who don't get along over for love and death by chocolate? I'll provide the sake. And by the end of the night...voila: World Peace.

DearestDragonfly said...

sp, let me know how it turns out! I can't believe either of your precious daughters are actually grown up enough to be doing sophisticated baking...or going off to college.

They've grown up so beautifully. Miss you all!

DearestDragonfly said...

Catsinger, would that I could!!!

Thankful for the times we collaborated so well...and wishing I had grabbed more opportunities while riding the merry-go-round.

Blessings on you in tomorrow's offerings.