Friday, February 29, 2008

how silently...how silently....

...the wondrous gift is given...



Marvelous snowfall this morning...huge, relentless flakes. Magical, mystical, miraculous. Along with everything else, the pond is buried in the snow, and the monochromatic landscape has an uber-expansive feel. The island is only defined by the trees...oh, and the cross-country skier, who just - maybe - came from a nearby shore, rather than scraping her way over the bridge.

By Sunday, the ever familiar pendulum swing (locals have never seen such a schizoid winter) will take us to the 40's with rain, and the bare, unattractive ground will be with us...perhaps for a long time.

2 comments:

catsinger said...

O Little Town of Warsaw... we had this storm...for us , it left trees with broken limbs...I had to pull one out of the street in front of my house to get into my driveway the other night[in the rain...] the wind howled...rain pelted...the last couple of days have been 70's, balmy...I mowed my lawn today...after "questing" with Holy Week music...it may rain tomorrow, so now I'm ready...
glad to see the "flaky stuff" was all you got from that one...I do miss the silent, fluffy "poofs"...I never got over how quietly snow can fall...

DearestDragonfly said...

Dramatic weather - enough to go around! I wish you could have something as beautiful as quiet snow dust the streets of Mudville...