Sunday, April 1, 2007

stores i've loved...and might wish to get lost in

A short and frivolous pictorial tour of some, insides or outs:

Could be my favorite. A boutique in the St. Sulpice area of Paris. I should know the name of the ritzy neighborhood, but, typically, I'm identifying it with the local cathedral*. Now there's a real church. Wow. Perhaps anther pictorial essay lives there. Anyway, the store was closed at the time. I was content to capture its allure without needing to enter.

State Street, Santa Barbara: the view from an Argentinian restaurant across the street. I love how it seems to be on fire....



Cambria, California. The butterfly bench was definitely out of my price range!
'Local color' shop in the Santa Teresa area of Rio de Janeiro







Last, but certainly not least: the legendary La Samaritaine, late on a misty night along the Seine. May it ever rule in our hearts until it is refurbished, rebuilt, torn apart, or whatever else it takes to make the French fire marshalls happy.

Now you've seen a pic from each and every one of my significant life's travels.

*Fr. Carioca informs me St. Sulpice is not a cathedral, but a mere parish church. Given the grand history of the organ there, I think it deserves the bump up.

3 comments:

Miz Minka said...

Beautiful! The "fiery" store on State Street in SB is my favorite. Great pics!

Church pictorial essay: Yes yes yes!

Anonymous said...

I love the bench from Cambria! I too have seen it, on my one of hundreds of trips there. My best friend has the difficult life of living there.

DearestDragonfly said...

Hello, dear Lauren!

Cambria is a magical place...full of beauty in shops and gardens. Sounds like it's one of your favorite places.

XXOO