Saturday, October 27, 2007

i'm tagged!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, Miz Minka, for tagging me with Google Fu Fun meme!!! Having run across my own blog when I was searching the net for replacement cushions for my Martha Stewart wicker sofa - bought sans such at a KMart killer sale mentioned in my blog, I read the instructions*...and got going.

Number one hits, no quotes:

damselfly mind
mystical sake
bixby is always armed and dangerous
...and of course, blog names...

Still ticked that 'anglican choral nerd' came in second. (Must have been the 'John Rutter' the first guy had in there. Oops...I see now that I've moved to third place - The internet is like trying to hold on to a river. Felipe: see this Lutheran blog for the 11/12/06 statement on the beauty of anglican music - his was hit #8. Wow - also discovered ePiscoSours at #6. Love the net). Oh...NOW I see. It was Anglican Choral Music Nerd that I first searched upon. And, look: I've now been moved to the Number One Spot...undoubtedly courtesy of me clicking on my own blog in the search results. As I said...gotta love the net and its own special flow...

'I'm thinking GDCC must have crack in them' came in third. Sheesh. What do chocoholics have to do to get some attention here??? (BTW - Ghirardelli Double Chocolate Chocolate Chips are $1.97/bag at Walmart here. That's 2 cents less than they were some years ago at Trader Joe's)

And finally: I actually had to use quotes to get "Patricia Barber is still bloody brilliant" to come up #1...but did enjoy all the other results that confirm the universality of this statement.

*From Adventures in Ethics and Science, the Google-fu meme, originated by David Ng.

“I'd like to suggest a meme, where the premise is that you will attempt to find 5 statements, which if you were to type into google (preferably google.com, but we'll take the other country specific ones if need be), you'll find that you are returned with your blog as the number one hit.
This takes a bit of effort since finding these statements takes a little trial and error, but I'm going to guess that this meme might yield some interesting insight on the blog in question.
To make it easier, we'll let you use a search statement enclosed in quotations -- this is just to increase your chances of turning up as number one, but if you happen to have a website with the awesome traffic to command the same statement without quotations, then flaunt it, baby! Of course, once you find your 5 statements, pass the meme on to others.”

7 comments:

unklephil said...

The "Confessional Lutheran's" comments on teaching hymns from a post a few days earlier is also rather interesting. Delving deeper into his blog, he almost makes this Lutheran boy seem happy-clappy by comparison.

DearestDragonfly said...

You probably know this story: When Fr C found a Hymnal 1942 (Episcopal!) in the practice rooms of Westmont College and played through them, he had an epiphany: If there is a church that sings these and believes these, I want to be part of it.

Dave said...

Oooh, what's the Google Fu Fun Meme? Sounds interesting!

(Ceiling Pisco Sours is watching you blog...)

DearestDragonfly said...

BTW, Felipe: Can you clap and be happy at the same time? Lutheran coordination, ya know...

DearestDragonfly said...

Pisco Sours, I have to confess that I, a waitress in a (much) former life, forgot there was a drink called such. Certainly clever to just add that little all-important 'e'!

You would enjoy/excel at the Google Fu meme...taking pithy terms or statements from your blog and seeing if - when googling them - any come up as the first hit. Permitted to use "quotes".

unklephil said...

I can't, at least generally not in worship. Zion, however, has become quite adept at it; I'm waiting for (dreading?) the inevitable applause after (or during) prayer. Last Sunday they applauded the "Glory to God"! Where, oh where, did the Lutheran Church go?

Scout said...

Bah! I did this and could only find two, and those I had to search for using quote marks.