Sunday, June 17, 2007

google (thinks it) knows more about me than i do...


Here's a tag that I've seen in various blog places...but just happened upon again today, this time at Spaz's place. A nice twist on it, at least in her blogosphere, is the commenting prerogative , adding an additional dimension to this bit of fun.

So....Google "(your name) needs" and see what the top ten responses are.

Now: this flitty dragonfly has got her own variation: I googled "Brenda needs" and found embedded in the lengthy list a link to a 2005 blog belonging to a different Brenda. I found her Google list to be much more scintillating than my 2007 search, so here's a cut-n-paste from Knitter (I'm drawn to mothers who blog about their babies, and her 2007 attention is certainly on her little one).

In Dragonfly's life, more than a few things would substitute for 'duck'...

For the record, I'm guessing a majority of these are soap opera lines!

Brenda needs the help of the public especially her Mexican people.
Brenda needs to get some therapy to help with her addiction.
Brenda needs to stop flying over the Cuckoos' nest.
Brenda needs to let go of her paranoia.
Brenda needs money and is willing to charge for her sexual services.
Brenda needs to go back to her old profession where she tried to make a career out of being a topless waitress in the early 1970s.
Brenda needs you to massage her bottom, so she can start to relax.
Brenda needs to be brought back to Tucson for further treatment to save the vision in her right eye and to obtain a correctly fitted prosthetic eye.
Brenda needs to get Ed and Joey to a real hospital so she steals Mandel’s car and heads for the border.
Brenda needs to be jerked back down to earth.
Brenda needs to get a life and put the damn duck issue behind her.
Brenda needs an adoptive family experienced with teens and teen behavior.
Brenda needs to cut off ties with her mother, and how.
Brenda needs many boyfriends.
Brenda needs to keep her hands off Sonny.
Brenda needs a new friend so that poor prostitute friend of hers can spend her time doing ANYTHING other than listening to Brenda rant on & on.
Brenda needs to be put out of her misery.
Brenda needs to know how General Goethals might have pronounced his name.
Brenda needs to be spectacular.
Brenda needs to be in capital letters.
Brenda needs to excuse herself.
Brenda needs to de-carb.
Brenda needs to save furbabies!
Brenda needs to return to work.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link dear Brenda. Haha, I like your list too, there's a bit of everything. I was going to google my other real name but my typing fingers hurt after my lengthy comments to each result so I let it be.
By the way, did you get a chance to look at the dove picture on my blog? I put it up especially for you.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. The one about being jerked back down to earth--YEAH! She got that one right!

Mousie and Christy's Mommy said...

Dearest dragonfly...how funny you are! I learned things I never knew about you and your past!!! (LOL) Now I really know why I love you so dearly!

Sometimes NOT being "back down on earth" is a delightful place to be!

Love you!

Brenda647 said...

I'm sorry this is so long, but I didn't see where I could send a message just to you.

I did the "Brenda needs" thing and seeing all the entries I just start going down the list and "Winged Musings" looked interesting so I thought click in to see what it was all about.

As I was getting to end of the "Brenda needs" list you posted, I glanced over and saw the your answer to the most beautiful things in the Universe and "Shining Night" caught my attention. My first thought was Barber. Then I read a little further and saw that you were talking about Nocturnes written by Lauridsen. Then you mentioned the Barber and I had to read your profile.

Cool...a choral conductor. Well, they say there are no accidents. A little about myself.


I've been singing in choirs since I was seven and have done so almost continuously throughout my life. "Sure On This Shining Night" is one of my absolute favorites and I've been fortunate to sing it quite a few time not only in choir, but as a solo. It's a heartstopping piece.

I'm currently singing with an all women's group named Vox Femina Los Angeles. We just finished our tenth season yesterday. One of the highlights of the season was singing for the Chorus America conference this past month.
I will have to listen to the "Nocturnes". Lauridsen is now one of my favorite composers

Have a great week and I check back to from time to time to see what's going on with you.


*********PEACE, JOY AND LOVE******************
Those who want to sing will always find a song.
~Norwegian proverb~

DearestDragonfly said...

Spaz, I left a few comment on the 'other side' -- at your place. How delightful to find out that your name is the same (spelling and all) as my 91 year old mother's! Beautiful. Now I wonder what your other name is...

The dove picture is wondrously amazing! Thank You!!! With all the carnage taking place in my yard, it's wonderful to see the sweet safety of a dove parent and child.

DearestDragonfly said...

Fr C: R U volunteering?

Thank you for defending my position, MM. Your deacon heart shows through even in comments on a humble blog. Love you!

DearestDragonfly said...

My new friend, Brenda: How truly serendipitous that our paths should cross! Isn't the blogsphere a trip? Grace abounds.

So...you are an alto? So am I, but currently am loving the baritone range (allergies...) I enjoyed looking around the Vox Femina site. When the archives are up, I hope to see what works have been done in other years. I love your 'heartstopping' adjective for the Barber. To me, it is amazing that can equally apply to another's setting of the same text.

This past January, we had a 'trebles only' concert as part of our church's annual chamber orchestra festival. 'Nada te Turbe' by Joan Szymko was my absolute favorite of our set - a rich text with an imaginative line, accompanied by solo cello. We also did 'How Can I Keep from Singing' by the rhapsodic Gwyneth Walker. Another favorite: Adam Lay Ybounden (Larkin) -- haunting!!

Now, I've written a book back! Delighted to 'meet' you.