Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Cell phones from the Pulpit

Fr. Carioca brought it up in a sermon. So, now I need to exorcise the subject.
Yes, when he got his new cell phone from Verizon, they handily threw in a new one for the little woman, thus renewing our contracts for another year (or maybe two). I was initially grateful, but also a bit disappointed not to be a part of the process. And I'm just not sure that doing business in the Verizon lobby is the best way to be served.

My usual thing is to troll the internet looking for my next phone, checking reviews, seeing if I can get a WOW phone for free through a verizon middle man. All the 'boss' (that's a blast from the past!) phones are out there for $0. Yes, the plan might be a bit more and maybe a longer commitment. But, I like choices. And there's not too many of those for $0 in the Verizon lobby.

The bottom line is simple: WHAT I REALLY WANT IS A PINK PHONE!!!!!!!!! And apparently I'm not a big enough girl to have one. The RAZR phones come in pink, but are so high tech I wouldn't know how to answer one. I don't want to watch movies, listen to music online, etc, etc, etc... I just want a phone that's cute and easy to use.
So, ultimately, it's ME that's holding me back. My 15 day 'trial' is almost up. But it's really not worth it to see if they would upgrade me to a cadillac phone I don't need.

(I did, however, check for children's phones on the internet...just in case they offer a cute Hello Kitty one...)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

NEWSFLASH: Before I had a chance to post this, my office mate pulled up a Verizon online special for a RAZR phone. She printed it out and ordered me to go get the one I want! Took it in to Verizon and they made it REAL easy...

3 comments:

Scout said...

It's a shame the RAZR doesn't come in a Hello Kitty version, but a nice little sticker will take care of that. Enjoy.

DearestDragonfly said...

Great idea! I used to have some transparent ones -- the kind that remove easily when you want to 'move on', though I rarely did.

Lucky for me, my office mate, Julie, was able to assist me this morning with things that should be a no-brainer: finding a classical ringtone (a Minuet...It didn't list the composer, and I can't remember who it is...). Do you know the Faure, Dolly Suite? The 'Berceuse' and 'Kitty Valse' are available as lovely ringtones, but I couldn't make it work.

The Dolly Suite is 4-hand piece. It would be fun to play some of it together sometime!

Anonymous said...

Hi Brenda,
Don't know if you're reading coments from old posts, but I couldn't help chime in here. I just got a new phone. I wanted a red one! So I got a chocolate, which is far more technical than I will ever be. For two days, everything I did was an accident. But it was free (with 2 yr. contract of course), so why shouldn't I have my red phone?

Love,
Susan (Miller)