Tuesday, August 28, 2007

music animation machine...

Three clever and fascinating videos from the Music Animation Machine website (via YouTube) Something unique and interesting to 'play' with while I'm jousting with Blogger (again) as I try to put together some pics of The Amazing View from the rectory on 'Island View Drive' for a post. It is possible to play all three of these at the same time, if you like cacophony!


Chopin Nocturne Op 27, No 2 in D flat major.
I first heard this when I was in college, going with other Westmont students on a bus from Santa Barbara to Los Angeles to hear the great and passionate Artur Rubenstein. In his concert, this Nocturne reached right in and possessed my soul and I had no choice but to reach back and learn/possess it. Memories of my mother joining me at the concert have been sorting themselves out and coming into focus. Pretty sure she drove down from central California for the concert...took me out to dinner afterwards...and then drove me back to school. What a great and adventurous lady!


A bonus: being able to watch the beautiful hands of Music Animation Machine creator, Stephen Malinowski, playing this piece. Lovely, lovely.



Cute and fun. Comments and responses on this on YouTube were rather interesting: A bit of discussion as to whether it was really Ogden Nash who wrote the poem.

No comments: